Wednesday, August 11, 2010

New Treasures


Good Morning!

I completely forgot to post a bear this
week, so I will just wait
until next week to post one...I want
to show you all this neat chair I got
over the weekend.  They lady I got it
from, said it was made when Oklahoma
was still Indian Territory.  It was made
by, or for the postmaster in Eagletown.



She had 3 of them and I only bought one
and now I wish I had at least gotten
a pair of them.  They were set up on
a parking lot, so I can't go back to see
if she sold them all...



I got this huge basket there, too...It might
become a bed for my little Chum...I will
have to figure out how to keep the lid on
one side up so he can get in and out of it.
I have been working on the hutch, it is
going to take another couple days......
I have painted two coats on the top of it,
and one coat on the bottom.....I will have
to paint the bottom another coat, do two
coats on the drawers and stain the bead
board.  It is so hot, that I only work on it
about and hour or so....The humidity was
terrible this morning, so it is taking a lot
of time.....I just don't do well in the heat!
Plus, I have to work around rain, too,
since it is out on a covered patio, not in
a garage....

On my next post, I will show you what I
bought from Gina at Cat Nap Inn
Primitives, I just love it...

That is it for today, I need to make
something for my swap buddy, for
 the Autumn Harvest Swap that we
are doing,over on Prim Pals Forum.
Come on over and join in the fun!

Thanks for stopping by and try to
stay cool!

Until next time~

Bear Hugs~Karen


4 comments:

  1. I love the chair and basket..just tie a pretty bow with some homespun fabric to keep the lid open..weave it through the basket..Chum will love it..:) I am doing the swap you are and one more..gotta get one done for this month and one for next month;) have a great day..hope you aren't getting over heated...I am doing some touch up painting myself.;)then onto sewing:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had some great buys Karen.Love that chair.Having one will make it even more special! Great idea for Chum's basket.I have a lot of baskets displays round here with real cats in them!!I agree with Gina about the homespun. Have a lovely day! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chumlle is going to love that basket.
    I.... actually love the history about your chair. Go on, get the other one. Aren't any Indians around here. Ah, I forgot... there is one chief :-) x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen! LOVE that chair! I really love to learn the history of pieces like that. Great basket too!
    ~Carolyn

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, it makes my day!
Please stop by often.

Bear Hugs~Karen