Thursday, August 19, 2010

Hutch Make Over

I finally got the hutch done!
I worked and worked on it last,
week in that awful heat!  I came in
one morning after working on
it, and it was 97 degrees!  Way too
hot for me in the morning,
but I kept at it...We took off the luan
that was on the back and replaced
it with beadboard, I like the look of
it a lot better.  Well, here it is, how do
you like it? 







A closer view....




Here is the before picture!  If you
enlarge the picture you can see that
there are ribbons and flowers painted
on it, but I saw it's potential...I saw
one at an auction earlier this spring
that I liked because it was colonial, but
I had already been there for 5 hours
and it was going to be quite awhile
longer, so we left...Anyway, after 6 trips
to get the paint mixed, I finally got this
one mixed at Ace and it is called
Cherrywood....I can't tell ya what the
color I used on the beadboard, I found
it in the OOPS section, of the paints
in Walmart and they didn't put the name
of the color on the sticker....My next
project is to get the ladder hung up in
the kitchen, under the light....I am not
going to do it, because I was getting some
crock pitchers down from the shelf above
the french doors, and I lost my balance
and I stepped down on a big basket
(that I bought the other day) and then
fell against the shelf full of crocks....Ouch!
I hurt the back of my arm and knocked
my back out of whack, but I didn't break
a pitcher!!!  I will leave it to hubby to put
the stuff back on the shelf and to hang the
ladder!  I bought some black cup hooks
to put on it to hang things from....I might
even put some pip berries on it, too...
I still have to post the things I got over
the weekend, yet....

I hope you all have a great weekend!

Bear Hugs~Karen



12 comments:

  1. Absolutely love it, Karen! You've worked a bit of magic on it and it came out so well. The color is fab.
    Hope you are not too sore but I'm sure you're relieved not to have broken anything!!
    Best wishes
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your makeover is awesome! I'm a "red" lover and especially like the change to the beadboard with the lighter color. It show cases your treasures so much better! Great job and what a trooper for working on it in such hot temps.
    Blessings,
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, it looks awesome! I love the color and your displayed items looks so nice on it.
    ~Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies, I like how it turned
    out. I have a lot of sweat equity into it!
    I am sure I will be changing things on it,
    again. :) On to the next project....

    Bear Hugs~Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen, that hutch looks amazing! Love the color and I love anything w/beadboard! You did a great job!

    Sorry about your 'fall', I banged my arm the other day and have a big bruise now, so I know how ya feel.

    Tanya~friendshipcrossing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH KAREN ITS AMZING!JUST SO BEAUTIFUL.I WANT ONE TOO.IM SO JELLY BELLY NOW LOL.YOU DID A GREAT JOB SWEETIE.HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND .BLESSINGS MICHELLE

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nicely done. What a transformation.

    D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it with the bead board..you did a great job on it..I hope your back is feeling a bit better too and healing quickly..;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. a certain little dog told me that I just had to make sure I visit here more often :-)
    Good job I did or I would have missed your makeover. Well done Karen x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness girl! I hope you are okay. I'm sure you were in pain for a couple of days. How are you feeling now?

    That is an AMAZING transformation on that hutch!! I am very, very impressed, girl! I love the beadboard and of course I LOVE the color!! It's prim wonderful with all your awesome prims on it! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Karen, Love the hutch what awesome piece for
    your home, Great Job !! Love the prim color
    red perfect...

    Hugz.. Trish-Ladybug

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, it makes my day!
Please stop by often.

Bear Hugs~Karen