Thursday, July 8, 2010

Belted Galloway


Hello Friends, I try to post a
picture or a tip on Thursday, but
some times I forget....So, tonight I
have some pictures of some cattle,
that are different from the black
and white ones, that I have seen.
Hubby says they are called "Belted
Galloways"....I looked them up to 
learn a bit about them.  Most of them
on this ranch are black and white,
but there were a few that were brown
and white. There were a lot of them,
that you couldn't see in the pictures.



Black and white.



I got out of the van to take the pictures
and I spooked this little one, he took off
running right after I got the picture.


I read that they are a rare beef breed
of cattle which originated from
Galloway, SW Scotland!  Pedigree
and data records are kept to preserve
the purity of this breed.

This is the only place I have ever seen
them....I thought they were
really cool and that you all might
like to see them, too.

Until next time...

Bear Hugs~Karen










3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. They are so different I had to get my hub to come and take a look at them. In all our travels around the country, we've never seen them before. We learn something everyday don't we?
    Blessings,
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen this type before..but love the unique markings.:)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, it makes my day!
Please stop by often.

Bear Hugs~Karen