Monday, December 28, 2009

Meet a Bear Monday

Hello Blogging Buddies & Bear Lovers,
I am posting this "Meet a Bear Monday"
earlier than usual, since most people
don't stay up half the night!























I bought this bear at the fleamarket
in Canton, TX, called "First Monday
Trade Days," a few years ago. If
you haven't heard of this fleamarket,
you are missing out on a HUGE one. We
used to go to it a lot and now we go a few
times a year. It is so big that you can't
see it in one day, more like 3 or 4 days!
Anyway, back to the bear....I think he
is handmade and he is jointed, even his
head turns. He is holding an old school
book.....Any suggestions on what I should
name him? Poor guy has been sitting
around with out a name a few years now,
so, I think he should have a name, don't
you? Also, the chair he is sitting on, I
got a couple weeks ago in an antique mall
in Texas for $15....I couldn't believe the
price on it! I had seen one earlier in
another mall with orange paint on it and
they wanted $45 for it. I didn't like the
color and I wasn't going to strip it. This
one is made of oak and I thought it was
a steal at that price. Well, that is it for
tonight, I need to fix my hubby some
supper! Take care ya'll.....


Bear Hugs~Karen


3 comments:

  1. That fleamarket must be awesome...exhausting for sure, but awesome nevertheless. :)
    What a great deal on the chair.
    I can't think of a name. I can't wait to see what everyone else says.
    Happy Bear Monday Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen-what a fantastic find your chair is!!! Wow, I love it. I think your bear looks like an "Albert". LOL I just went and looked that name up and this is what it says:

    Albert means Noble and Bright, and the origin is English.

    Well, what do you think???

    Bear Hugs,
    Carol :o}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice bear and chair. Love First Monday Trade Days in Canton! It has really grown and changed since I first started going years ago. My favorite part is the wooded area beside the civic center. That's where I find the best bargins.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, it makes my day!
Please stop by often.

Bear Hugs~Karen