Monday, August 17, 2009

What I've Been Working On~




I have been painting again, even though I was
going to take a break, guess I am hooked! I
wanted to show you all this plate I just finished,
it is a plastic plate, believe it or not! I got the
idea from Jen at Taylors*Farmhouse*Attic, so
I thought I would try it for myself and I like how
it turned out. I sprayed it with a matte finish
sealer, then painted it 3 light coats of Americana
Heritage Brick, drying it with the hair dryer in
between coats.....I mixed half and half Antique
White and True Ochre for the lettering and line
work. I haven't sealed it yet, I see it has a little
glitter on it, so I better clean that off before I
spray it.....I haven't painted the back, but I will...
I want to do some more, now.....I got this plate
out of the cupboard and my hubby said "You
painted a perfectly good plate!" Ya, I did, but
they are old, so what, I have a lot of other plates
to eat on....Let's see, I think I will look at some
real redware plates to see what patterns I like
and paint some more.....I better get one started
before he gets home! Ha..Ha (He doesn't really
care)...

Until next time...

Bear Hugs~Karen

4 comments:

  1. Hi Karen, I don't think it looks pink..good job!!!

    You will have lots for you show you are going to do.. keep it up!!

    Hugs,
    Joleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Joleen! I appreciate it so much, I got
    some wooden bowls today to paint, that will be
    tomorrow's project...Also some cutting boards.
    Can't wait to prim this place up more!

    Bear Hugs~Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen! Thanks for signing up for my give a way! Yes I do love to paint Terrye French designs! She is almost all I paint these days. I do love Maxine Thomas but her designs are so detailed and take me forever......I seem to be a perfectionist! I love your plate....I have heard that plates are all the rage this year. I put some initials on some for a local gal. She said they are putting them on stands. Sounds fun to me! Happy painting! Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your plate! WOuld never have guessed it was plastic. I know what you mean about not being able to stop! Keep painting! :) ~~Annie

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, it makes my day!
Please stop by often.

Bear Hugs~Karen