Friday, September 23, 2011

Autumn Equinox

Happy Fall, Y'all!  I thought I 
would show you all my egg 
sitting on the counter top, this 
morning!  You should be able to
do this during the Spring equinox, 
also....The earth is not tilted on 
it's axis, today.....It is straight up 
and down, so the Eastern and 
Western hemispheres are getting
the same amount of sun....You 
can sit an egg on the counter, in 
the morning and it will just sit 
there!


I couldn't get it to work on the new
counter top, but it worked on this 
section of the old one, that we have
left to replace....Now, I wish I had
picked out an green egg to try it with.
I even opened to drawer to get out a
spoon and it didn't fall over, I was
surprised! It has been sitting there,
since 8:02am CDT and it is now 
9:24am...How cool is that?

I took a break from working on
the cabinet doors for a few days,
but we will be back to work on 
the counter tops, tomorrow and
getting the sink back in...

I am so happy that Fall
has arrived, it is
my favorite time of the year! We 
probably won't have any pretty 
trees, this year, it has been way too
dry....It was 93 degrees on 
Wednesday, but only 73 degrees,
yesterday and we got some rain! 
That makes me HAPPY!

My hubby called me yesterday 
to let me know that the grocery
store in the town, where he works,
has gotten their huge mums in,
so I am heading over there to 
have lunch with him and get me
a bunch of mums!  Yippee!

Have a great weekend, I am 
hoping to get a lot done in the
kitchen and maybe get my 
scarecrow out and decorate
outside!

Until next time....

Bear Hugs & Blessings~Karen

9 comments:

  1. Love the egg experiment! Fall is my favorite time as well, it's what comes after that I am dreading,LOL! Have a wonderful weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY gosh that is an AWESOME view of Mt. Hood!!!! Just beautiful, thanks for sharing it with me ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a really cool thing with the egg. I've never heard of that :D Have a wonderful weekend.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the neatest thing~ never heard that one~ an egg!!
    Have a wonderful fall day~
    smiles
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Update on the egg, it is now 4:02pm and the egg is still standing!!! I left for a few hours and I put some things in front of it, so if it fell over, it wouldn't fall off the counter....I could just see Chum playing with it and tracking it all over the house!...Not a good thing...Anyway, it has been standing on it's own for 8 hours, cool huh?....

    Bear Hugs & Blessings~Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is cool about the egg..may have to go and try it.have a wonderful weekend...looking forward to seeing your fall decor.;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Didn't know an egg would do that ~ I must of been asleep that day in science class!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Don't forget to show us your fall displays!
    Prim Blessings
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol, that is too funny!! I never really knew that. Very random, but good tidbit to know.

    Now quit playing and get to work on those cabinets! Lol, just kidding! =]

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Karen,
    Thanks for thinking of me and welcoming me back to blogging!
    Never have heard of that egg trick, I'll have to tell my family about it, altho' I'm a few days late~LOL

    Hugs to you!
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, it makes my day!
Please stop by often.

Bear Hugs~Karen