Sunday, April 4, 2010

Mom's Easter Bonnet




Happy Easter!
I thought I would show some pictures
of the Easter Bonnet I decorated for
my Mom, when she was in the nursing
home, for their Easter contest......She
won first prize!



If you look close, you will seen some
eggs  nestled in the around the brim.
The little watering can has pansies on
it, so I went with pansies on the hat...
She loved it!  I have it on top of a file
cabinet in mycraft/computer room so
I can see it all the time. I lost my Mom
 in December of  2003 and I miss her
every day! 

I hope you all have a great weekend
with your families, I don't have any
family, close to me, so I hardly get to
see any of them....I miss them all!

Until next time~

Bear Hugs~Karen

8 comments:

  1. I love the hat Karen I'm sure she was proud of it.
    Here's a "bear hug" for you! ( )
    Have a beautiful day.
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  2. your mom's easter bonnet is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the Springiest Happiest hat I've ever seen. The water can is a sweet touch.
    I hope you have a great day, and even though all your blogging friends seem so very far away, thoughts of you are close in our hearts! *hug*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Karen we are the same here..no one but us here in washington..everyone lives in Utah..so we don't see them but every couple of years..your hat is cute..Have a wonderful Easter.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I lost my best friend in 2001 and pansies were her favorite flower...hugs to you and will be thinking of you today:)

    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet Karen, I bet your mom was a doll in that hat. I'm sure she was quick to tell her winning hat was created by her darling daughter. Happy Easter!
    ~willa~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karen....what a sweet Easter bonnet for your Mom.....I'm sure you miss her so. I lost my Dad in 2000.. the day before Easter..it is never easy to loose our parents.
    Hugs,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Karen, this post brought tears to my eyes! What a sweet, sweet bonnet you made for your mom. I love how you have it in your craft room so you'll have those great memories of her!

    I'm with you on the family issue. We always have my husband's side of the family over because they live here, but all my family is in another state. So I know exactly how you feel!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, it makes my day!
Please stop by often.

Bear Hugs~Karen